Saturday, August 19, 2017

Monochromatic

Wow, that has been a long time ago! If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen that I am still spending time creating cards and other things, although I often lost my mojo concerning cardmaking. However, I haven't been very active in blogland. I was doubting about continuing my blog, but what I really like about having a blog is that it creates a kind of archive. It definitely shows your development. So I will post new pictures, but maybe not at a very regular basis...

Today's card is a monochromatic card. I saw a nice idea somewhere on the Internet of a special folding of the card, see the pictures below. That was my starting point. I knew that I wanted to use vellum, distress ink and I jumped in the current craze: Tonic's Nuvodrops. I started with colouring the cardstock with tattered roses distress ink and stamped some polkadots with the same ink. I thought that the stampset Floral Sketches from Papertrey Ink would be perfect with this card. I die cut some flowers, coloured them with the same distress ink and stamped the flowers with a darker colour of distress ink. I made a bunch of them and I adhered some pink nuvo drops, which I prepared some days ago, at the heart of the flowers. With nuvo drops Morning Dew I adhered some drops directly onto the card. After punching a hole at the top to get the two sides of the card together, I finished the card with a sentiment on a craft banner, a vellum banner and some twine. 









I made this card for Rhodé who is celebrating her birthday today. I added two colours of Nuvo drops to this card, hope she likes them as much as I do ;)
Thanks for hopping by and have a lovely weekend! 

9 comments:

  1. Wat een pracht van een kaart heb je zo gemaakt, Gerdine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hè Gerdine, doorgaan met bloggen is leuk, en echt anders en persoonlijker dan Instragram. En je kaartje is prachtig, ik vind m geweldig! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Gerdiene,
    Leuk weer even wat te zien. Ik heb wel instagram en ook FB, maar houd het niet allemaal bij, is niet te doen. Daarom houd ik het bij mijn blog. En naast dat het een archief is en je je ontwikkeling kunt volgen is het voor mij ook een soort dagboek. Niet dat ik er alles in zet, maar ik kan terug zien wanneer wat gebeurde.
    Je kaart van vandaag is heel mooi. Zal Rhode ook wel vinden, denk ik.
    Groetjes,
    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat gezellig Gerdien, dat je weer blogt! Blijven doen, veel te leuk. Wat een prachtig kaartje heb je voor Rhodé gemaakt. Zo mooi die bloemen in zachte tinten en dan dat kraft label erop. Gaaf model ook. Hopelijk tot gauw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prachtig kaartje Gerdine, echt geweldig mooi met al die laagjes, Rhodé is er vast blij mee. Leuk weer wat van je te zien!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Gerdine, ik zag je kaart al op Instagram. Wat een j u w e e l!! Rodé moet hem inlijsten:)
    Wat je over je blog schrijft begrijp ik heel goed. Ik ben behoorlijk actief op Instagram. Dat neemt gewoon veel minder tijd. Ik blog nog wel maar minder intensief. Ik vind het leuk om een aantal mensen te volgen maarhet lukt mij niet op alles reageren. Dat heeft niets te maken met interesse; integendeel. Daar ontbreekt mij gewoon de tijd voor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik had hem inderdaad al gezien op Instagram. Prachtige kaart! Groetjes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your partner... that will induce intense feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep within his heart?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, cherish and protect you with all his heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's brain that it will drive him to try better than before to love and admire you.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this mighty instinct is so mandatory to getting the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will immediately find him open his soul and mind for you in a way he's never expressed before and he will see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog
    Fishing Jackpot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!